Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

We've been very low key around here lately. To be honest, it almost worries me a little. Ava hadn't been sleeping well and was crabby a lot. We went to her 15 month check up and after talking with the doctor it was what I had assumed. The kid wasn't getting enough sleep. We started putting her to bed at 7 instead of 8 and she still sleeps until 7 the next morning. Since she cut out her morning nap, she is taking about an hour and a half nap in the afternoon. That extra hour of sleep gave me back my happy baby. As a bonus, Steve and I get an extra hour together without the wee one too. Life has been back to normal...calm.

This holiday season is shaping up to be a busy one as always. I love this time of year and want to savor every moment. However, I'm trying to enjoy these last few days of laziness and do nothingness but stick around the house because those days end on Thursday. Thursday we are going to 2 Thanksgiving meals in two different states. Friday, I'm hitting up the Black Friday sales for the first time with one of my friends at 4am. Then I have to come home and do the whole Thanksgiving meal here at our house for my family. Let the craziness BEGIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment