Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life as Normal?


The past day and a half has been rough.  My father-in-law went in for surgery yesterday to remove cancer from his body.  When the surgeon got in he realized it was much worse than he thought and removing it would cause more damage.  How do you deal with that?!  We were and are optimistic but that was devastating news.  My FIL is still young (57), active and feels great so all of this was surprising and shocking. 

I just want to cry and yell and be mad on my husband's behalf because he is trying to be so strong for his mom.  He's not letting his emotions get the better of him in front of her and I know that is not easy all the time. 

This morning I woke up tired and sad and angry all over again.  Steve got up and went to work feeling emotionally drained.  I fed Ava her breakfast, read her books, and have done everything like normal but somehow acting normal just doesn't feel right.  Sometimes life just sucks and there's nothing we can do about it.  It just sucks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete