Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sew Much for That

For Christmas, my dad bought me this little guy from Target.  It's a Brother XL-3750.  I didn't open it until February and a piece of the bobbin threader was broken so I exchanged it for the same machine.  I made Ava a pillow case dress, and I was loving my machine.  I then started Ava's quilt.  I pieced the quilt together, made my quilt sandwich and then attempted to free motion quilt it.
 
That's when I ran into trouble.   

The tension was messed up and I thought I fixed it.  I was getting into a real rhythm and was about 1/3 of the way finished with the quilting when I ran out of bobbin thread.  I put in a new one and the tension was HORRIBLE.  I read the manual thoroughly, several times and still kept getting loops of thread on the bottom of my fabric.   I put my bobbin in several times following the manual to a T.  I adjusted the tension all the way up and all the way down and I was getting the same results...huge loops of fabric on the bottom.  The tension wasn't changing at all.  UGH!!  I decided to exchange it for another machine.  The exact same machine.  Target didn't have any more and they were discounted to $35 bucks so I returned it then and there.  My dad had given me the original receipt, so they gave me the full price for it. 

After reading several reviews, I ordered this machine, a Brother CS6000I.  I'm patiently waiting for it and praying that it will work like a dream as all the reviews say.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your new sewing machine works much better! I want one so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete