Monday, October 10, 2011

Recipe: Toffee Dip











With fall comes apples and with apples comes toffee dip.  

::::::::Yahoo!::::::::  

Every year we go apple picking with my parents, and we usually  have too many apples to know what to do with.  This year I was going through my recipe binder and came across this recipe for toffee dip that you serve with apples.  I hadn't made it in years but anything with toffee is delicious in my book.  This recipe makes about 2 cups of dip which is quite a bit.  I served it to some girlfriends one night and then to our Catan friends (Hi Michelle!!) the next night.  It was a hit both nights, so I thought I would pass along the recipe in case you too have too many apples in your house or you just love toffee or both :)

Toffee Dip
Yield approx. 2 cups

  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup toffee bits (about 4 ounces)
  • apples
Mix together first 4 ingredients with a mixer until smooth.  Stir in toffee bits.  Cover and chill.  Serve with sliced apples.

Source: Cooking Light  How this is light I don't know...but it's darn good!


No comments:

Post a Comment