Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 Theme

I'm not one for New Year's resolutions but I have been thinking a lot about my life in general lately. I need to make some changes. I've come up with a theme for 2010, if you will. That theme is balance. I have been solely Ava's mom for the last 18 months of my life and that is about it. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom but it has really consumed me and other things in my life are falling away or being seriously neglected. I don't think I've been a great wife, friend, church member, exerciser (yeah, not sure if that's a word), and numerous other things that I used to be. As a way to bring balance in my life, other than being a mommy, I started a book club. I emailed a bunch of my girlfriends to see who was interested and I was surprised by everyone who was super excited. Now, I have never been in a book club, so starting one is a bit of a leap but I think we are off to a good start. There are 13 of us reading our first book, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Everyone submitted ideas for books to read and then we voted. This was the winner. It's a small step towards bringing more balance into my life but a fun one. Now I can say that I'm feeding two of my loves which are reading and spending time with my friends (minus our precious kiddos).

On a side note, I think I will post here as we choose new books and after I have finished the book. If any of you are interested in reading with us who are not in the area, I would love for you to read with us and then comment about the books. If you are in the area and want to join in the reading fun let me know! We would love to have you!!

1 comment:

  1. I COMPLETELY understand ya, lady! lol Balance = Happy Mommy = Happy Family! lol I'm still struggling with it after 5 years of losing my "identity" (i.e. professional life!). Good for you for starting the book club! If I can find the books here, I might join you girls!

    ReplyDelete