Friday, November 20, 2009

One Bowl Banana Muffins


"I see you oh yummy banana muffin."



"You look so perfectly golden on the outside."



"I am going to enjoy every bite of you without using my hands.
That is how much I want to savor you!"



"Okay...the no hands things was taking too long and you are
sooooo yummy! I will use my hands!"




My daughter loves bananas so we always have them in the house. Sometimes they start to turn a little too brown for my liking so that's where this super easy recipe comes into play.

Banana Muffins


2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup veggie oil
2 mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a good sized bowl. Stir in egg, milk, oil, bananas, and nuts or chocolate chips (if you're using them). Mix until just moist. Scoop into greased muffin tin or you can also use muffin liners. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.




These freeze great after they are baked. Then you can just thaw them out on the counter. You can also make a loaf out of this as well. Bake the loaf for about an hour. I haven't been adding nuts or chocolate because they are usually for Ava. Definitely a crowd pleaser with the little people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment