Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Printable Freebie & Book Club


Images from Lemony Squeezy's blog

I'm always a sucker for a freebie and these are so adorable!  Lemon Squeezy has these little goodies on her blog.  I always manage to misplace my bookmarks so the idea of having free ones that I can reprint as many times as I need to is great.  

I know I haven't posted lately about our book club books but we have read a couple good ones.  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot was a great non-fiction read that was extremely interesting.  Without her consent, Henrietta's doctor took some cancerous cells from her body.  Those cells have been sold and used for research throughout the world.  Her cells helped with the polio vaccine and many other medical areas.  I'm not a science-y person but it was so interesting and a little scary to read about the medical practices and ethics not that long ago.

We also read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  This was last months book but I am still reading it.  Shhhh, don't tell my group!  Having a newborn has really cut down on my reading time.  Go figure!  I would much rather sleep than read.  Anyway, I really liked this one as well.  It's about a young girl who was left on a dock in Australia.  Years later this now woman decides to look for her roots after she is told that her parents are not her biological parents.  The story is told from 3 different perspectives and generations.  I would highly recommend this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment