Friday, August 28, 2009

Mommy Time

I'll be the first to admit I used to look at moms on What Not to Wear and think, "how did they get that way?" Well, I totally get it. You get so wrapped up in your child(ren) that you stop thinking about yourself. I would rather buy her clothes than me, I fix her a great, healthy lunch and I eat whatever I can find, and so on. I have been telling myself that I need to workout but that's as far as it went. Our gym has a daycare that you can take your child to for up to an hour and a half. I kept saying that Ava wasn't old enough but now that she's one I really don't have an excuse. I dove in head first. For the past few weeks, Ava and I have been going to the gym M-F from 8-9. It's been great. I get to workout and not worry about the wee one, and Ava is getting to play with other kids. That time has worked out great because there aren't too many kids in the daycare. Ava is plenty worn out by the time we get home, so she's usually ready for a nap. It's also great because I have to sign Ava up ahead of time and I would feel awful if I signed her up and didn't show. In other words, it forces me to go because I signed her up. It's a win-win for both of us. Here's a few pics I snapped of her during her nap after the gym today.

No comments:

Post a Comment