Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simple Pleasures




Sometimes I forget just how young Ava really is and how much she has yet to experience.  It's always the little things that she gets the biggest kick out of and I love watching her experience these things.  

Yesterday I made tomato soup and grilled cheese for the 2 of us for lunch.  It's not something that I make very often but the chill in the air makes me turn to soup a lot more often now.  I set it down in front of her and she immediately starts eating the soup and tells me she likes it.  This was her first time eating tomato soup which I had forgotten.  She then takes a few bites of her grilled cheese.  In the mean time, I had dipped my grilled cheese in my soup and taken a bite.  She looks at me and exclaims, "Mommy, what ARE you doing?"  I explained to her that it tasted good to dip my sandwich in the soup.  That was  it and she was off to becoming a dipping pro.  She giggled and giggled and giggled all through lunch as she dipped and ate her soup and grilled cheese.  It was like I had shared this grown up secret with her that she thought was so cool.  It's one of God's great blessings that I get to experience all these little firsts with her, even if it is just dipping a sandwich in soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment