Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookied Out

Photo from kraftfoods.com

I am completely, 100% done with cookies for quite a while. I have spent 4 entire days baking. I spent 2 with my mom, one with Alicia, and one by myself. I've baked chocolate chip, gooey butter, ginger, peanut butter, melt aways, sugar cookies and loads and loads of peanut brittle. Don't get me wrong, I love to bake but I don't think I've ever spent that much time in the kitchen before. I had a blast with my mom and Alicia because all the chit chatting makes the time fly but I don't even want to smell another cookies baking for a very long time!

Why all the baking, you ask? I was helping my mom prepare for a choir get together at their house, Alicia and I were just having fun, and I was baking goodies for all of Steve's employees. I also decided to make peanut brittle for all my aunts and uncles as well as Steve's relatives, too. I have a very yummy and easy recipe for the brittle. Check it out here. After the baking was done, I was on a mission to find cute ways to package all the yummy treats. I landed on Martha's line at Michaels and I was very pleased with how they turned out. Steve said some of his employees even commented on how nice the packaging was. Way to go Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment