Friday, December 4, 2009

A Pink Christmas

Yes, that is a 3 ft. pink flocked Christmas tree. I know, I know...how much more girly can you get? Well this probably tops all the girliness I've subjected Ava to! But I would have loved to have this tree in my room when I was little and I'm sure most of you girls would too!

Last year after Christmas my mom called and asked if I wanted her to pick up a pink Christmas tree for Ava for $12. Of course my answer was YES!! When she brought it over last year in the box, Steve saw it and threw me a look like, "you've got to be kidding me!" I just quietly put it in the basement and never gave it another thought. This year I started to pull all the decorations out of the basement and I stumbled upon her little tree and got so excited for it all over again. I put it up in Ava's room and turned out the lights to show Ava her new tree. She was not disappointed and neither was I. She gave a rousing, "ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh" several times and clapped her hands. I was worried about finding ornaments to put on it but I think I like it just the way it is. Maybe next year when Ava's a little older she can help make some ornaments or pick them out. Best $12 I've spent on Christmas decor in a while.

On a side note, Steve actually thought the tree was pretty too. Not as "ugly" as the box showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment