Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Heartstrings


During Ava's nap last week, I cut out a few felt hearts from white and pink felt.  They are all different sizes.  Some are tiny, some are fat but all are definitely far from perfect.  When she woke up from her nap I had her hand me hearts to string on some embroidry floss.  We hung them from the mantel to spread a little Valentine's cheer in our house.  I cut out way to many hearts so I put the rest in a baggie and those little hearts have provided hours of entertainment for Ava.  She discovered they stick to anything else cloth so she sticks them to me, the couch, her blanket and anything else she can think of.  She then "counts" them in a way that only she understands but is so stinkin' cute. 

*Idea for this project came from A Pocket Full of Posies blog.  I will readily admit that hers is more chic than mine.  I just used what I had on hand during nap time.  Check her out...she's Christian too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment