Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mmmmm, lasagna!

I am always in search of ways to cook once but eat twice or in this case 3 or 4 more times. I have never tackled lasagna before and I'm not quite sure why when it is very easy to make and assemble. The first time I make a recipe I always make it as is to see how it is intended to turn out and then I make adjustments. I broke that rule a little in this case. Check out the original recipe here. My store was out of Italian sausage so I just used regular pork sausage, more onion, no fennel seeds, and no boil noodles. The noodles took out a step and it turned out great. However Steve and I each ate a piece and Ava ate half a piece and we had a huge pan left over. I personally love left overs so I was excited. Steve however was not so excited to have lasagna for the next week. Things ended up working out well because we ended up having 3 guys stay the night at our house after a bachelor party and they were hungry when I picked them up at 2am. Needless to say the pan of lasagna is gone! The lasagna tasted better the next day as most red pastas do. I will definitely make this again but in 2 8x8 pans and freeze one to cook later. That way we won't have lasagna up to ears. The recipe also made extra red sauce that I froze for later use too. All around winner of a recipe as you can see by Ava's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment