Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dr. Jekyll and Miss Hyde

After John's funeral was over on Wednesday, we arrived home exhausted.  Thursday morning we woke up to a sick baby.  I just assumed she had an upset tummy from all the cookies that had been handed to her the day before at Sandy's house.  I was wrong though. 

Friday morning we woke up to a very sick baby and a sick husband.  This was the dreaded flu that's been making it's way around.  It was bound to be our turn sometime but I was still holding out hope that our flu shots would save us.  Steve was sick all day Friday and part of Saturday and I was sick only on Saturday.  Ava however is still sick.  I thought she was in the clear as of yesterday because she had not been sick since Sunday morning.  Again, I was wrong.  We woke up today to see that Ava had thrown up while sleeping...ick! This is day 6 of the little lady being sick. 

She has learned how to hold the trash can if she feels sick.  She did this all on her own, too.  It has been very interesting to watch because she is miserable one minute and as soon as she throws up she is tearing around the house happy as a clam.  That happiness lasts for about half an hour and then we're back to miserable.  I'm hoping she starts feeling better soon.  I don't know how much more puke I can take!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your family is going through a lot all at once. It's good that Ava has figured out the trash can!

    ReplyDelete