Monday, March 22, 2010

Joining the Club

Last Friday was the big 3-0 for me.  I am the last of my close friends to turn 30.  It was not something that I was worried about or dwelled on or even fretted over.  It's just another year and another birthday...in my mind at least! 

We had plans with friends to have a get together at our house and then head down to the Central West End to go dancing.  To my surprise, there was a Hummer limo waiting outside to drive us around.  It was a really, really fun night.  That made me realize how important it is to stay connected with your friends and do things together without the kids sometimes.  My husband planned a birthday for me that I will never forget.  Thanks Steve for welcoming me to the club in style!  Love you!   

2 comments:

  1. *SO* sorry we missed it!! Looks like you guys had a great time, and I'm *really* homesick, now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Welcome to the dark side. :)

    ReplyDelete