Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Club: Little Bee by Chris Cleave


For this months meeting we read Little Bee by Chris Cleave.  It is the story of a young Nigerien refugee Little Bee and Sarah a magazine editor from London.  Their lives become intertwined in a sad and tragic way that is so eye opening at the same time.  I'm not one who would willingly pick up a sad story to read in my free time but I did enjoy this book.  

The gals at book club last night seemed to really like the book as well.  Out of the 10 of us, only one really didn't care for the book.  I will say this about the book, it made for a night of good discussion.  The past few books we have read were good but not good for discussion.  This led to a night filled with discussion about oil companies, government, marriages, kids, affairs and the list goes on.   While I didn't love, love, love the book it was a good read and out of the realm of things I would normally read.  This book club is definitely stretching my comfort zone and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment