Monday, October 19, 2009

5th Annual Soup Party

Every year we host a soup party at our house in October for family and friends. This past Saturday, we had our annual soup-for-all and boy was it yummy! I don't remember how I got the idea but I know it started with my love of soup. I look forward to the air getting chilly just so I can make all my favorite soups. The idea behind the party is that everyone brings their favorite soups. It's a lot of fun because there is always such a wide variety of soups to try. Everyone goes around and fills their mugs with what soup looks enticing to them. It's so fun to walk around and hear everyone tell each other, "Have you tried the chicken tortilla soup? Oh, it's really good go try that one next." The mugs work out perfect because they are smaller portions and people can stand around and talk while eating their yummy soup. This year we had about 40 people and 12 different soups. The soups are always unique and so tasty. Just a few from this year were: Buffalo Chicken, Gringo Chicken, Potato Cream Cheese, Broccoli Cheddar, Butternut Squash, Chili, White Chili, and the list goes on! I also make lots of yummy desserts which I rarely get to do but love so much. Not everyone is good at making soup, so they offer to bring other goodies for the party. It all works out in the end. One of my favorite parts of the evening (after gorging on soup) is heading out back by the fire pit to make s'mores and drink hot cider. There's something so perfect about eating a gooey s'more, holding a cup of hot cider, and talking with friends around a fire on a crisp night. It's...perfect.


P.S. The pics from this not are not good :o( I am always so busy that I forget to take any pictures! Steve did take a few so these are his handy work. I must say that I love our camera but for indoor shots at night, it is not good at all. Either that or I just don't know what I'm doing. There's a very good possibility that it is user error! Thus the crumby pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment